Sunday, January 09, 2011

I Made a Felt Name Book!

Last spring I found some blog posts by a girl who made her kids name books out of felt.

I thought it looked like fun, so since I don't have any kids, I decided to make one for my nephew*. I originally thought I would make it as a first birthday present, but it wasn't done it time (November), so instead it became a Random Day in January present. Fun!

Here are some pictures of the finished book, which was opened today.

I tried to give each page different textures where I could. I felt especially clever about using beads for ants, a screen on the house, and fur for a rabbit. It was a fun craft.


Now J wants one too. We joked about keeping the book and someday when we have a kid we can name our baby Nathan Andrew (whether it is a boy or girl) so that we could keep the book and enjoy it.




* Here is a funny story: When I first started making the book, I showed J. He was very polite about it and thought it was neat, but at one point we were talking about it and I realized he thought I was making it for our nephew Nathan on his side. Who is eight years old. We enjoyed a good laugh over that one.

5 comments:

MamaErin said...

Emily that has to be the cutest thing ever! You are so creative. Have you thought about taking orders for them and selling them online? :) If I had any sewing talent (or spare time) I would totally do one for my kids!

Unknown said...

That book is adorable. I am always so amazed by how crafty you are!

The Coolest Guy in Chicago (or anywhere else) said...

Hi, thanks for the book. I have seen it before. Not at the cave, no, but around. There is a bar/restaurant in Chicago that may or may not serve lemonade named after me too. I have to go once to see if I can score a free meal.

Do you have a Facebook? I'm out of town and it's easier to communicate there, especially since I don't have an account here. Maybe I should get one though? I do like to write.

Anyway, I think I just found out on Facebook and I sent you a request. Talk to you later. Bye.

The Coolest Guy in Chicago (or anywhere else) said...

That should read, "...found you on Facebook..." I hate typos.

Parfait Recipes said...

I liked your blog, thanks for sharing this.