Friday, March 07, 2008
Entertainment brought to you by the IRS: Tax Quotes!
I'm working on a special, top secret project which I find very interesting. (What else is new?) Because of this project, I discovered that the IRS has on their own website a list of Tax Quotes. And by 'quotes' I don't mean estimates. I mean things that people have said about taxes.
I'm shocked. I thought the IRS would be far too boring and serious of an entity to poke fun at themselves. Huh. Who knew.
My favorite quote from the list is: Actually, I have two favorites. They are:
“I am proud to be paying taxes in the United States. The only thing is – I could be just as proud for half the money.” — Arthur Godfrey, entertainer
“People who complain about taxes can be divided into two classes: men and women.”
Go on, see for yourself.
Fascinating, eh? Next thing you know, the IRS will be coming out with its own record label.
They can include this stuff on the first one:
1. The Taxes Song from the YT Debates <--- not bad.
2. Money (That's What I Want) The Flying Lizards<-- of course
3. TurboTax: The Rap <--- WOW!
4. Money Money Money; ABBA <-- also, of course
5. The guy done with his taxes music video. <-- huh?