Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Garden Post #6

Now that we've had a few days of sunshine, my garden is finally growing. Sort of. I'm having three problems with it, though.

1. So far, the harvest has been about as exciting as waiting in a long line. I've had about six little strawberries. They were each amazing. They tasted completely different from store-bought strawberries. But, I have had no fresh vegetables at all.

2. I keep wanting to pull the carrots out, check to see if they look like carrots yet, and replant them. I think this may not be ideal for them, so I haven't done it. Yet.

3. Since everything is taking so long to grow, I keep having to think hard to remember what was planted where. Except for the strawberry plants. Everything else just looks like little green sprouts. Lame.

I just realized, I haven't seen Uffish's garden at all. She just kept planting more and more stuff, and she doesn't have a balcony that only gets sun for a little part of the day, so maybe hers is growing better. Uffish? How's your garden doing?

2 comments:

Krista said...

Mines' been pretty slow too, lately. I've started miracle growing it, since I figure the month or so my potting soil has any nutrients is up by now. My tomatoes are doing really well, I think--enough that I had to go get them cages so they don't fall over and break themselves, and they've got some little buds that should turn into flowers and then tomatoes. But the rest is still going pretty slowly. I'm hoping that with real summer here (at least once this cold front passes,) things will take off.

Supercords said...

I'm a gardener too, but fortunately I have a little patch of dirt in my backyard to use. I've never tried grow boxes, and I'm curious to see how yours turns out.

Oh, and it doesn't hurt to label your box so you know what was planted where :)

Shane