Monday, November 24, 2008

Donate to the Food Drive!


This weekend I attended the Utah BYU football game, and it was great. Instead of giving a play by play for that though, I want to mention something else. During Rivalry Week, we had a bunch of contests on campus, and one of them was a food drive. We're supposed to try and collect more food and more money for the Food Bank than BYU people do. (Historically BYU always collects more food and the University of Utah always collects more money.)

Outside the stadium, a group of people were collecting money for the food drive, and I just thought they were fantastic. As tons of people walked to the game, they called for donations from the crowds.

I had about an hour and a half of extra time between the tailgate party and the game, so I spent most of an hour sitting on a hill right by them, listening and laughing, and typing stuff they were saying (on my phone). I wish you could hear the main guy's voice.


Donate to the food drive! All donations might be tax deductible. And we don't feed Cougar fans either. Yes, be like this guy! Donate to the food drive. All donations might be tax deductible. Everybody! We need your money. For the food drive. Any spare change. Nobody likes it. Donate to the food drive, it's all against BYU. Some of you have spare change, I know it. Fore go that hot dog and or soda and donate to the food drive instead. All donations might be tax deductible. He's going for it, he's goin' for it. yes! Everybody donate, everyone is doing it. Donate to the food drive. We know you have money! You all can hear me! She just donated twice. If you donate the Utes will win! Donate to the food drive! All donations might be tax deductible. Yes! Thank you sir. Yes! Be like this kid. He probably doesn't even have a job and he's donating! Couch cushions! Donate to the food drive! Yes! She donated lots of money! Thank you ma'am! All donations very well could be tax deductible. Awesome! Awesome! Go Utes! Buy this ticket and donate to the food drive with the proceeds to the food drive. Donate to the food drive! Everybody! Go Utes! Food drive! Nobody likes spare change and nobody likes the Cougars. Don't avoid eye contact donate to the food drive. I'm pretty sure some of you have cash and or coins! Thank you for your generosity sir! All donations might be tax deductible! It's going to the food drive! We need to beat BYU; nobody likes them anyway! We're going to beat BYU /but we need YOU! I'm pretty sure most of you have cash and or coins! Starving families! Starving families need your money! They just donated and they're in their car! Your quarters, your dimes we don't care! We just want to beat BYU! I'm confident most of you have spare change. Utah fans, this is not enough money! It's all going to the food bank! Ladies with purses I know you have change! Donate money! Even if it's just a couple quarters. All right! Wooo! Go Utes! All donations might be tax deductible! Feel really good about yourself today! Donate to the food drive! Yeah! Whatever ya got! Be like this guy, he just donated!

(I gave them all of my change, which was about 17 cents. But I don't feel too bad; I already donated to the food drive this week.)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Awesome.