Thursday, March 12, 2009

First Morsbag Complete!


I just finished my first Morsbag!

(This is a project that I have on my list of 101 things in 1001 days; I want to make 250 of them.)

I am so proud of myself.

It came out absolutely darling. If I were not already converted to bringing my own reusable grocery bags, this would totally win me over. Because why would you want to use nasty cheap plastic bags which kill animals if you could use a lovely (almost designer!) reusable bag also for free? Salt Lake is going to love morsbags.

It's pretty big, too. In the picture the label looks like it's 3" wide or something and the bag isn't so big...the label is actually about the length of a dollar bill.

The seams are all way reinforced, too, so these will be pretty sturdy bags.

Hm. This is a way fun project. I have stuff cut out to sew 14 more. (But not tonight! I need to go to bed!)

Tomorrow I'm going to donate platelets for the first time since I moved up to Utah. I've done a few other things from my list. And I need to blog about my garden, too. I've been doing a lot of stuff lately.


5 comments:

Jessica said...

You're right. I'll take four.

MamaErin said...

LOVE the bags! Are you planning on selling them? They're so cute!

So I've just about finalized my 101 list... and I just realized that a lot of things on my list are quite similar to yours! (Not trying to intentionally copy but these are things I've been meaning to do for some time! Now I have an excuse). I'll post mine tomorrow =)

Emily said...

Erin- Nope! I'm making a bunch (250 is the plan) to give away in front of a grocery store or at the farmer's market over the summer. It's part of this project from the UK to get people to use reusable bags instead of plastic ones, since the plastic ones end up out in the environment and they're harmful to animals, etc.

That's fun that you're doing a 101 list also! Don't worry at all about having things that are also on my list! My sisters and I shared a bunch of things when we were making our lists, and I got many things from lists of people that I don't even know! I think it's totally normal that a lot of people would want to do similar things. I look forward to seeing your list!

LBBlum said...

Hey Emily! Thanks for visiting...
I've bought bags (these are WAY cuter...) I love how proactive you are! You go girl with your list!

Stephanie said...

Cute! I love the fabric you chose. I am going to start making these today and I will make a few each day until spring when I will be destashing them at the farmer's market, too!