Friday, March 27, 2009
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
I can't decide whether it sounds like a good idea, (like massages for infants, which do a lot of good things), or whether it just seems silly.
It says it's a class unlike anything else being offered. I think this is true. The description says:
"Doga is incredibly fun and benefits both you and your pup in a variety of ways. You will have the opportunity to bond and spend some peaceful, soothing, quality time with your pup, you will also learn the basics of canine massage, as well as putting calm behavior on cue - incredibly helpful if you have a dog that stresses or gets hyper. Dogs of any size may join this class, and NO prior Yoga experience is needed. The Yoga poses are simple & easy enough for even the newest beginner, but may also be modified for those yogi's with more experience."
Huh. No prior experience needed. (I wonder, are there dogs that do have prior experience?)
The part that I really love the most, though, is the picture on the ad!
It makes me giggle and also fascinates me.
If you want to know more their website is here, or you can see the ad on Craigslist here. If you decide to get a dog just so that you can try this, the hours and location of the class are also listed.
I wonder if they would let me bring Paley. Or if they have Catoga. Probably not.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Thursday, March 12, 2009
I just finished my first Morsbag!
Thursday, March 05, 2009
Creativity & Projects
1. Finish quilt started with Grandma.
2. Make mission albums (3?)
Education & Learning
18. Review my Italian grammar book, completing all assignments.
19. Read Harry Potter in Italian.
25. Take the Photoshop, etc, workshops on campus.
26. Take a carpentry class and make something.
Environment & Outdoors
32. Sew 250 morsbags. (0/250)
33. Go camping at least once per year.
34. Go on 10 bike rides. (0/10)
35. Learn to cook 3 things in my Dutch oven. (0/3)
36. Switch to earth friendly cleaning products.
37. Pre-measure laundry detergent into snack bags or little containers so that I don't have to take the whole thing.
Family & Friends
38. Write to G&G 1x/month
39. Send real birthday cards/personal messages.
40. Send at least fun 3 letters to the boys. (0/3)
41. Read a satisfactory number of Mom's recommended reading.
Health, Fitness, & Appearance
42. Lose 25 lbs. (0/25)
House & Home
65. Paint my bedroom.
66. Paint my bathroom.
67. Paint my kitchen.
68. Acquire and learn 10 new games. (Including Rook.) (0/10)
69. Buy a wii.
70. Buy wii fit.
71. Buy Rockband.
72. Organize my papers into files.
73. Destroy papers that I don't need.
74. Cross stitch or embroider either a Jesus picture or a picture of a temple.
75. Build a bookshelf.
76. Learn to cook Chicken Tikka Masala and Naan
77. Organize my kitchen cupboards with plastic containers.
78. Paint my living room.
Money, Finances, & Work
79. Make a budget.
Responsibility & Good Things
81. Buy a harness, leash, and stake so that Paley can do homework outside with me.
82. Make a sincere effort to not gossip for one month. (0/31)
83. Volunteer 100 hours. (0/100)
84. Oh, also, Red Cross certification class thing.
85. Upgrade my ham license to general class.
86. Find my place in Salt Lake to donate platelets and go at least 5 times. (0/5)
87. Organize and reduce e-mail so that there are 50 e-mails or fewer in my inbox and keep it that way for at least 4 months. (progress)
88. Finish Paley's shots.
89. File 2008 taxes by March 15.
93. Read the Liahona cover to cover for one year. (0/12)
Travel & Places to Go