Monday, September 22, 2008

Monet to Picasso Artist Quotes

In my last post I mentioned the Monet to Picasso exhibit. After passing security, there's a room with a big line that snakes back and forth across the room. One wall had the names of all of the sponsors on it, and another wall had quotes from various artists. There was a paper you could grab at the beginning that had them all typed out (I guess a lot of people had been writing them down).

I liked a couple of the quotes, and one I liked well enough to include in my "Favorite Quotes" section on Facebook. I thought they were worth sharing, anyway.

Monet to Picasso (from the Cleaveland Museum of Art)

ARTIST QUOTES

When I paint, the sea roars. The others splash around in the bath. - Salvador Dali

We never really know what stupidity is until we have experiement on ourselves. - Paul Gauguin

Insults are pouring down on me as thick as hail - Edouard Manet

Creativity takes courage. - Henri Matisse

What I am seeking is not the real and not the unreal but rather the unconscious, the mystery of the instinctive in the human race. - Amadeo Modigliani

Art is not made for anybody and is, at the same time, for everyone. - Piet Mondrian

I didn't become an impressionist. As long as I can remember I have always been one. - Claude Monet

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once one grows up. - Pablo Picasso

Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely. - Auguste Rodin

The way to know life is to love many things. - Vincent Van Gogh

No comments: